The SST Class Committee 2015
Roles of Class Committee
- To develop and promote school spirit and culture through class bonding activities.
- To ensure the well-being of fellow classmates.
- To develop and foster care, concern and co-operation among classmates.
- To foster care for the environment and to ensure cleanliness of the classroom.
- To help plan school and level-wide activities when the need arises.
- To provide a link between school, teachers and classmates.
Class Committee Structure
Teacher Advisor: Form Teacher and co-Form Teacher
- Welfare / Service Learning Committee
- Digital Citizenship Committee
- National Education Committee
- Sports & Wellness Committee
- Academic Subject Committee
Roles and Responsibilities of Class Committee Members
- To provide leadership to the Class EXCO members, heads of each sub-committee and classmates in promoting school spirit and culture within the class.
- To work closely with the Form Teacher and co-Form Teacher to ensure smooth running of class activities and inform any problems or challenges within the class.
- To facilitate class meetings together with Vice-Chairperson, with guidance from Form Teacher and co-Form Teacher. When need arises, to conduct class executive committee meetings with Form Teacher and co-Form Teacher.
- To maintain discipline in the class especially during assemblies, in between lessons and when moving from class to class.
- To embrace the SST’s school values and be a role model for classmates.
- To assist the Class Chairperson in his/her roles and responsibilities listed above.
- To cover the duties of the Class Chairperson in his/her absence.
- To ensure the sub-committees carry out their duties responsibly.
- To assist the Form Teacher to take attendance on a daily basis during morning assembly, Friday assemblies, fire drills and any other occasions which requires the class attendance to be accounted.
- To monitor movement of classmates and ensure that no one leaves the class without the permission of the Form/Subject Teacher.
- To write date and the names of absentees on the top right-hand corner of the whiteboard before the first period daily. To update this list of absentees during the course of the day if there are any changes.
- To assist the Form Teacher and co-Form Teacher and Class Chairperson in any administrative matters.
- To record minutes of class executive committee and class meetings and forward to Form Teacher and Head of Year.
- To update homework and any class events on the class homework board (found at the back of classroom) and class blog.
- To collect money and keep a proper account of all collections and expenditure.
- Note: Collect money only when needed. All money collected must be passed to Accounts Department or Form Teacher for safekeeping within the same day.
Welfare / Service Learning Committee - Welfare / SL co-ordinator (x2)
- To ensure the general well-being of the class through class and school-wide activities
- To organize class bonding activities to build healthy relationships between members in class eg games, birthday celebrations...
- To assist and liaise with Service Learning Teacher I/C on matters and activities related to Service Learning.
Digital Citizenship Committee - Cyber Wellness / Media Literacy Ambassador (x2)
- To be the class contact person and ROLE MODEL for activities related to Digital Citizenship within the class, school and community.
- To report any misuse or abuse of IT-related incidents.
- To conduct programmes related to cyber wellness.
- To be involved in the Cyber Wellness Student Ambassador national programme. (CWSAP)
- (as the student will be representing SST, he/she should not any disciplinary issues especially related to cyber problems)
National Education Committee - NE representatives (x4 to 6)
- To be the class contact persons in activities related to National Education within the class, school and community.
- To assist NE Committee in organising NE-related events such as Total Defence Day, National day Celebrations, Racial Harmony Day etc.
Sports & Wellness Committee - Sports & Wellness representatives (x4 to 6)
- To be the class contact persons in activities related to Sports and Wellness
- To organise school-wide events related to the Sports and Wellness Department
Environment Committee - Environment representatives (x4 to 6)
- To ensure that the class environment (in and outside) is clean and conducive for learning.
- To come up with Duty Roster and remind classmates to do their duties.
- To be an advocate for the environment by promoting ways to save the environment within the classroom and the school.
- To encourage classmates and schoolmates to save the environment by implementing projects.
- To participate in and provide support to activities organised by the school’s Environment Club.
- To assist the subject teacher in the collection and distribution of homework, assignments and projects.
- To remind classmates of homework, assignment, project deadlines, and assessment dates.
- To assist the subject teacher in any activities organised by the academic department.
- To take the initiative to implement projects or organise activities that promote the learning of the subject, e.g. putting up interesting articles related to the subject on the notice-board on a regular basis.
Class House Representatives
- Assist the S&W teacher during lessons.
- Act as the liaison person for the class on S&W matters.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct sports related activities and events.
- Assume the role as committee members for their respective house.
- Oversee the well-being of their classmates.
One Story, Many Journeys
3) Class Mission and Goals
As a family, we aim to do our best,
to overcome obstacles together,
towards the perfect ending.
4) Class Code of Conduct
1. We are ultimately responsible for ourselves.
2. All actions lead to a consequence/ consequences.
3. Respect diversity and love one another.
4. Do unto others what we will want others do for us.